Jeffrey L Meyer - Resume
As a software Engineer with over 22 years of experience in LAMP stack web development, I am fluent in a variety of programming languages and development tools. I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with emphasis in Software Analysis and Development. I am an innovative and creative problem solver using web and desktop technologies. Passion for lifelong learning. I am currently enrolled in an MBA program for IT Management. I can work in a collaborative or independent environment.
TOOLS: Visual Studio .NET (2015+), Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, EditPad PRO, Brackets, Atom, Unity 3d, Unreal 4, Balsamiq, MS Visio, EdrawMAX, FluidUI
SERVERS: Bind DNS, Apache 1.x/2.x, SSH, mail server, SSL certificate installation, Azure
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows 3.x to 10, Linux RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Mint
DATABASES: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MongoDB, MSSQL, Stored Procedures
STONE PLUS, LLC & Oak Canyon Stone Co. Jacksonville, FL
IT/Full-Stack Developer / Accounting, HR July 2011 – August 2018
- Saved company $25,000 in yearly licensing fees by developing in-house web-based warehouse management system that integrates with Magento CE and QuickBooks ES 2015.
- Saved company a full salary by assuming the full accounting/HR for Oak Canyon Stone Co. with no additional pay.
- Saved company professional design service costs by writing and producing software manuals, how-to book publications, catalogs, price sheets, trade show banners and handouts in-house.
- Managed multiple dedicated Linux web servers, 1 Windows virtual server and 3 Magento CE driven shopping sites.
- Investigate arising incidents caused by malicious activities, and disaster recovery
STONE PLUS, INC. Palm Coast, FL
LAMP Stack Developer, Assistant Manager, Yard Man, Truck Driver February 2003 – July 2011
(Alternated between full-time, part-time and contract)
- Achieved #1 to #5 position on local Google search (and holding) for the company by refining and improving existing web site and applying basic SEO techniques.
- Achieved a 150% increase in annual sales over 1 year by training employees in yard operations and proper customer service.
TRAVELMOLE MEDIA GROUP, LLC Los Angeles, CA
Contract Sr. Programmer and Project Manager May 2009 – December 2012
- Rebuilt entire web site, proprietary CMS, e-magazine mailing system
- Secured old insecure software against SQL injection, web form security, added CAPTCHA
- Created automated backup systems; AWS S3 for multi-server data access/transfer.
- Automated spam filtering, bounced message handling, list management
- Led a small team utilizing Asana, GoToMeeting, Skype for project management.
QUALIFY SOLUTIONS, LLC (Now LocalSEO.org) Washington D.C.
Contract Lead Developer, Project Manager, Server Administrator October 2005 – December 2009
- Increased administration efficiency by developing an automated system (War Chest Builder) in PHP/perl, to register domains (via SOAP API), create virtual servers for the domains and create content for pages, from a list of keywords and key phrases. Handled creation of 10,000+ web sites daily, automatically.
- Led small team utilizing Basecamp for project management and overseeing multiple programmers and designers.
- Utilized Zendesk and Yahoo IM for providing technical support to clients using the system
Sr. Programmer/ Server Administrator, FutureVision Online, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
1997 to 2001
- Developed massive Emailing system, including multiple mailing list management, mass distribution of eZine (eMagazine). Included automatic bounce drop based on weighting system (# of bounces over time), double optin, ability to mail all lists simultaneously.
- Developed custom version of my “Banner Manager™” to make it work across several servers.
- Developed several proprietary compiled C programs to transfer files between servers using direct routing.
- Combined package handled sending 1.2 million emails per day with 1.4 million banner ads per day and utilized 3 primary database servers and 10 slave servers (mirrors).
- Most code was in perl and also utilized 3rd party autoresponder script that I customized
MeySoft / B&M Electronics / Meyer Tax Service Guilford, VT & Palm Coast, FL
Owner/Software Developer (part-time) May 1989 – July 2011
- Created custom software for clients under contract and sub-contract, mainly Windows desktop apps and web apps.
- Full business operations, accounting, tax filing and marketing.
- Consumer electronics repair
- Paid tax preparation
AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology – Software Analysis and Development, Feb 2018
- Studies: Project management, Java, C#, ASP, MSSQL, Network design and implementation, N-Tier Architecture, data structures, E-Commerce development, mobile development (Android), OOP best practices, system analysis and design, software QA, internet security, compliance auditing and review, and more.
- Awards: Dean’s List several times and 1 President’s Award (for 4.0 GPA in a qtr.)
Master’s in Business Administration – Technology Management (current student, graduate est. June 2019)
- Proficient will full MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Adobe CC Suite, Apache OpenOffice
- Zendesk, Asana, Jira, HubSpot, Constant Contact, GetResponse, MailChimp
- 15+ years of experience with php 3/4/5/7 development (6 years jQuery/Ajax).
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems (LAMP) including modifying/compiling server daemons such as sendmail, apache, MySQL, php, perl, qmail and others from source code; Yum and apt.
- Proficient with various CMS packages, including: WordPress, osCommerce, Joomla, phpNuke, Pligg, Mambo, Magento CE (MVC concepts)
- End User: Mobile Device Security – Cybrary Nov 2017 - License SC-428214782e-390d44
- End User: Social Engineering – Cybrary Nov 2017 - License SC-428214782e-bc4046
- Fundamental Cryptography – Cybrary Nov 2017 - License SC-428214782e-d8ab27
- Privileged Password Protection – Cybrary Nov 2017 - License SC-428214782e-dea149
- Developing a Security Strategy – Cybrary Oct 2017 - License SC-428214782e-d2f140
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Awareness
- Cybrary Oct 2017 - License SC-428214782e-93cf17
- Injection Flaws – Cybrary Oct 2017 - License SC-428214782e-bf414b
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, TRAINING
Colorado Technical University, Denver, CO - AAS Software Engineering - 2005-2006 (3.96 GPA)
Westwood College, Denver, CO - AAS Game Development - Approx. 2004-2005 (3.96 GPA)
NRI, Washington, D.C. – Desktop Publishing and Design – 1992? (Diploma)
ICS, Scranton, PA – Accounting – 1990-1991 (Diploma)
NRI, Washington, D.C. – C++ Programming for Windows – 1992 (Diploma)
Cleveland Institute of Electronics, Cleveland, OH - AAS Electronics Engineering - Approx. 1989-1992
Cleveland Institute of Electronics, Cleveland, OH - Diploma: Electronics Technology w/Lab (1986)
NRI, Washington D.C. Microcomputer & Microprocessor Technology – 1982 (Diploma)
LinkedIn Learning (Oct-Nov 2017):
- User Experience for Web Designers
- UX Foundations: Accessibility
- HTML Essential Training
- Programming Foundations: Fundamentals
- Web Development Foundations: Full-Stack vs Front-End
- Learn to Code by Making Games - The Complete Unity Developer